What is Argan Oil?
Argan oil is an oil that is extracted from the nuts of the Argan tree, which is found only in Morocco. It is extracted by hand by removing the kernels of the nut and smashing them between rocks. It is then cold-pressed into an oil.
The beauty of Argan oil is that one little bottle of this can replace virtually every container in your beauty routine! It contains essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals needed by your body to replenish your skin and hair. Even better – no harsh chemicals, no parabens, and no fragrances or colors.
5 Easy Ways to Use Argan Oil
- All-Around Moisturizer: Massage some Argan oil into your face, lips, skin, cuticles, etc., for a wonderful hydrated feeling. Argan oil is a “dry” oil, so it doesn’t feel greasy.
- Hair Conditioner: After showering and washing your hair, massage a few drops of Argan oil into your hair while it is still wet. You don’t have to rinse it out and it will moisturize your locks all day.
- Bath Oil: Place a few drops into your bath water to rejuvenate and hydrate your skin.
- Skin and Lip Scrub: Mix a few drops of Argan oil with some finely ground sugar to create a fabulous sugar scrub. Gently massage onto skin and lips in a circular motion, rinse, and enjoy the benefits of beautiful skin.
- Heel Healer: Do you suffer from dry, cracked heels in the winter? No worries anymore – massage a generous amount of Argan oil into your heels before bed, and cover with socks.
Where Can I Find Argan Oil?
Since Argan oil is so highly valued because of the difficult, time-consuming nature of its production, it may be difficult to find in some local areas. Check with your natural health foods store or buy Afra Green Argan Oil directly through Healthy Planet.
About the Author:
Leah McDermott is a former teacher turned stay-at-home mama and small business owner. She spends her days chasing a toddler, cooking, crafting, writing, caring for animals, gardening, and enjoying time with her husband and son on their small farm in rural PA. She blogs at Crunchy Farm Baby.