Tamanu oil is an exciting natural oil found in Africa, India and Australia. Taken from the seeds of a large evergreen tree, tamanu oil is a topical agent that has been a part of medicinal traditions for ages.
Now, this wonderful oil is being used all over the world for a number of different health purposes. Generally applied directly to the skin, tamanu oil is thought to eliminate bacteria and reduce swelling and inflammation.
Here are seven great uses for tamanu oil:
- Psoriasis/Eczema – For those that suffer with psoriasis or eczema, tamanu oil is often a miracle oil. There are many people out there that swear by tamanu oil for getting rid of flare-ups and reducing the visual appearance from skin conditions.
- Pain Relief for Sciatica – This is a wonderful breakthrough in the battle for pain relief. Some people are forced to take dangerous pain medicines that are highly addicting. Now, tamanu oil is a replacement therapy for many with this horrible problem. It is also used for arthritis and other conditions.
- To Eliminate Stretch Marks/Scars – After pregnancy, women are always looking for ways to eliminate stretch marks. Tamanu oil is said to be effective both before and after your pregnancy in eliminating scars and stretch marks.
- Athlete’s Foot – This horrible, itchy affliction can be highly resistant to modern medicine and yet tamanu oil can often knock it out quickly. This powerful solution is a wonderful gift for any athlete or soldier on your list.
- Acne and Pimples – Teens everywhere are looking for easy fixes for that huge pimple on the end of their noses. Wouldn’t it be nice to cure it with a natural oil? Tamanu oil is a great way to do just that. Many people use it as a regular regiment to keep their skin looking clean and refreshed.
- Burns – From sunburn to stove burns, tamanu oil is said to take the inflammation out of the burn. It also is supposed to help a great deal with pain and skin regeneration.
- Insect Bites – Mosquito bites, bee stings, bug bites and even spider bites are all painful and hard to treat. Tamanu oil is perfect for taking the edge off and treating the area. It slows the itching and takes a good amount of the sting out of the bite area.
Tamanu oil is a highly flexible treatment that is growing in popularity all the time.
Tamanu Oil can be purchased at your local health food store. This month Healthy Planet has New Roots Tamanu Oil on sale for just $7.99.
About the Author:
Chrystal Johnson, publisher of Happy Mothering and founder of Green Moms Media, is a mother of two sweet girls who believes in living a simple, natural lifestyle. A former marketing manager, Chrystal spends her time researching green and eco-friendly alternatives to improve her family’s life. She enjoys sharing those discoveries with anyone who’s willing to listen. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.