What is Castile Soap?
Castile soap is a soap that is made with an olive oil base. Its use dates back centuries; and it is still the first choice for bath/beauty care among the health-conscious today. Dr. Bronner’s is the leading retailer of castile soap, and it is a fabulous choice – fair trade, certified organic ingredients, 100% recycled bottles, and it is completely biodegradable and vegetable-based.
5 Reasons to Use Castile Soap
- Incredibly versatile and has many uses. From the kitchen to the laundry room to the powder room, you won’t find something as useful as castile soap! Just a few of its many uses are: vegetable wash, shampoo, baby soap, puppy shampoo, couch cleaner, laundry detergent, car wash, and so much more!
- Healthier alternative than most beauty products. In its purest form, castile soap is safe to use on infants. You certainly couldn’t say that about most of the products you purchase on the grocery store shelves!
- Made from all-natural ingredients. Castile soap contains only vegetable-based ingredients, so you don’t have to worry about all of those chemicals that you can’t pronounce! With Dr. Bronner’s, the ingredients are also fair trade and certified organic, making it the absolute best choice for your home!
- Minimal environmental impact. Because castile soap does not contain synthetic fragrances and other harsh chemicals, there is no concern about its affect on the water supply. Also, Dr. Bronner’s packages its liquid soaps in 100% recycled plastic bottles – even better!
- Castile soap is long-lasting. Talk about a bang for your buck! Although at first glance it may seem like castile soap is far more expensive, you must keep in mind that it is a highly concentrated soap. A little will go a LONG way! You will want to make sure to dilute according to package directions for almost every use.
Where to Buy Castile Soap
Castile Soap is actually a pretty common thing to find on pharmacy and grocery store shelves, though it is often hiding in the organic sections and/or on the bottom shelves. You can buy Dr. Bronner’s through Healthy Planet as well.
About the Author:
Leah McDermott is a former teacher turned stay-at-home mama and small business owner. She spends her days chasing a toddler, cooking, crafting, writing, caring for animals, gardening, and enjoying time with her husband and son on their small farm in rural PA. She blogs at Crunchy Farm Baby.